Tuesday, April 16, 2013

April 15, 2013

I have put off and put off writing this post because so many things were going wrong with our plans that I was worried it might not happen!  We have built homes before (twice) and finished many others (three more), so I felt pretty prepared that I knew what we were getting ourselves into.  NOT the case.  

Originally we were told that we would be able to own our existing home AND have a construction loan and start building our new home... next door.  We were excited to get started and found a architect and got to work on our plans.  We started paying for permits and moving things along and then things started to hit the proverbial fan!  Things went wrong with the lot, our buyers ended up not closing as quickly as originally planned, the bank let us know that we would not be able to close on the construction loan UNTIL we had closed on our house.

Nothing too life altering... just extremely frustrating!  I'm not going to go into all of the details... let's just say things WERE NOT going as smoothly as planned.  Also, during this time we married off our oldest son!  :)  So BELIEVE me when I say this has been a long time coming!


Yeah, I have crossed my fingers, held my breath, and prayed that this day would come!!!  We are officially building our home!


Shortly after we started to build our home.... a Utah spring snowstorm hit!


Not to worry... they got the digging done and it didn't even get muddy!