I needed a place to store all of the cute flower pins that we have been making.
This is what I came up with!
1. I started out with this wider than taller frame that I got for $8. Brayden & Zack could not believe that I was going to cover up the picture... Sorry!
2. Draw on the back where my ribbon is going and DRILL through where they intersect!
3. Add batting and trim at the edge of the picture.
4. Trim fabric to 1 1/2" around the picture.
5. Fold over the fabric and Glue it ot the back of the picture. Trim corners.
6. Pin 2 lengths of ribbon with a thumb tack at the marks on the top of the picture.
7. Cross ribbon in the front... then thumb tack onto the picture on the bottom.
Make sure that all ribbon is straight!
8. Spray paint frame. I did 3 or 4 coats of paint!
9. Antique frame. Just dilute a matching paint with a little water then wipe ON then OFF.
10. Add buttons. Just attach at the holes that were drilled earlier!
11. Add your pretty flower pins or hair clips!