I love having natural light in my laundry room! It seems to brighten up the room and make the job seem easier. I guess it goes back to doing laundry when I was growing up. There were 7 girls (and 1 boy) so needless to say... the older kids did their own laundry! (It's OK! MY kids do their own laundry too!) Our laundry room growing up was in an 6ft. by 6 ft room if that! No window or anything... doing laundry was a chore!
So when I saw this idea (sorry I cannot remember where!!!) I knew that is what I wanted to do for that window treatment. It took her 5 hours to cut out the design of a 12" by 12" paper and I just don't have that kind of time! So here is my version!
1. Find a deal at the D.I.
$6 for a 26" by 21" picture frame
(you can use a ready made... but this cut down on cost)
2. Spray paint the empty frame black
3. Cut out DAMASK design with vinyl cutter!
5 hours down to 5 minutes! Weed design.
4. Apply a thick coat of ARMOUR ETCH (I found this at Micheal's)
(I could have gone a little thicker for better results)
Wait 5 minutes and wash off.
5. Peel off vinyl
6. I lined the back of my frame with ribbon and then add fish eye hooks to hang it from.
7. Add hooks to window sill and tie ribbon to frame. Then hang it up!
I LOVE IT! Much prettier version of laundry room! It still lets in lots of natural light and looks great too!